Day 3-Wynne, Arkansas
Found a hot spot outside the boathouse so I can send the blog. Yay!
After a 4 hour drive we arrived at Village Creek State Park. On the way I was looking to see what the distance was to the places I wanted to go do and see (should have done that before I got all excited). One of the biggest places I wanted to
go to was the Crater of Diamonds. It was a place where you actually mine for diamonds . There still are diamonds there and in fact the state record for size was found not so long ago. Anyway, I was excited and Riley was actually excited too. She wanted me to bring her a diamond so badly. Found out it was 4 1/2 hr. trip one way. Too far. Not happening. I also wanted to see Blanchard Springs Caverns which I found out was also a 4 1/2 hr. trip. So will be able to go see Crawley’s Ridge which is a geologic anomaly for this part of Arkansas. It’s an hour away, so that’s doable. Will also do the little hike I had planned. We were going to walk the Military Rd. Trail which is part of the route of the Indians on the Trail of Tears. That one is closed due to storm damage. If the weather permits I’m going to the beach at Lake Dunn (right in the Park). The only negative so far is the heat. In the 90’s even at night. However, I’m thankful because I’d rather it be hot and dry than poring rain. It was great crossing the mighty Mississippi River. God has sure created a beautiful world. I am missing my family and I’m sure I’ll be getting irritated at our cramped quarters, but hopefully we can be outside most of the time. Until later, God bless.
Comments
Post a Comment